One Friday a month we have a get together with 6 members of our Papermakers group. Sometimes we sit and chat for a catchup, other times we may do something. Our last meet up we did some leaf printing. I collected leaves within the grounds of of where we meet.
Some prints will be put together to make a book with my handmade paper.
An old yellow and white pages telephone book.
Kitchen paper towel
I wanted to see if something fine in texture would print, didn't have tissue paper on me so tried toilet paper.
Carole found some feathers. These worked very well.
All in the name of experimentation!! Trial and error. If you don't try it, you wouldn't know how they would turn out. I learnt not to ink the plate too heavy, change my rubber gloves every few prints and press the leaves to flatten longer than they were before printing. Also which papers worked better than others.
I collected more leaves over the weekend to print this week.