Friday, July 28, 2017

Victorian Quilters Showcase and Quilt/Craft Show

A lovely day catching up with friends and others that I had not seen in a while.
A little retail therapy with a few purchases.
The show seemed a lot smaller than previous years. Where there would have been stalls, catering and seating areas were in place.
 A brisk morning to walk from the station to the Melbourne Convention Centre on the Yarra River.

Watched a Qantas A380 fly over the CBD of the city.
For the passengers arriving on this flight from Los Angeles QF94, they would have had a stunning view of Melbourne. The plane flew along the Yarra River and over the Bolte Bridge.
************************************
A selection of quilts that took my eye.
 "Lindsay Would Be Pleased" by Lyn McIntyre 
 Best of Australia Queensland Quilters Inc.
"Cudgera Creek" by Sue Duffy 
 Best of Australia Canberra Quilts Inc.
"Beaumont" by Bronwyn Hill 
 "Japanese Dreaming" by Patricia McDonald


 "Cornflower Blue" by Karen Terrens
 


 "Promised Land" by Glenda Ingram
Profile a Member Group, Riveria Quilters Inc
 Simple and effective.
******************************
Best In Show Award 2017
"Colourful Retina" by Sugy Kim


8 comments:

  1. Loved the show, but I didn't take any photos!

    Would you believe I didn't notice that the dog was quilted with paw-prints until I saw your photo? And I must have walked past it several times, and even had someone ask me where it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an excellent Showcase of quilts. Your choices to photograph show the amazing diversity of styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend went down from here and she is doing white gloving at the showcase. Her quilt also won a prize. She is very happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lot of fantastic quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting variety ... and a lot of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of show was fantastic. Not many others caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very pretty. I try to add an inner pocket for my keys. They often seem to lurk at the bottom of the shopping otherwise. Our city has been single-use bag-less for about five years.

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete