Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fields and Forests Exhibtion

Yesterday I used my last Seniors Voucher to travel on the train to Ararat,
to view an embroidery exhibition.
Caught the train at Bacchus Marsh, took 1 hour 45 minutes to travel via Ballarat.
(photos were allowed)
 "Framed Button Tree" by Elaine Fenn
 "Callistemon Birds" by Chris Harris
 "Autumn" by Barbara Burdett
"Flower Bag" by Elsie Duver
Unamed
 There were 39 pieces on display and they were beautiful. A couple of small quilts were hanging.
The work of the members was exquisite.
 At the Gallery was also a display on "Drawings by Drysdale"
Towards the end of Russell Drysdale's life, he was in hospital recovering, and drawing occupied him.
I loved his pen and ink sketches.
 Tiled floor at the entrance to the local bakery.
 Spring is coming to Ararat.

I went for a walk, filling in 30 minutes before my lunchtime train home.
There were some lovely detailed buildings. Apart from the icy cold wind, I enjoyed the morning and was pleased I saw the embroideries before the closing of the exhibition today.

2 comments:

  1. Some interesting pieces of work there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a lovely day Jenni. Some beautiful pieces there.

    ReplyDelete