Sunday, April 11, 2010

Felting workshop

I spent the day yesterday at a felting workshop.
I thought we would be doing samples but we made a long piece for clothing.
My DD gave me an evening dress that was too big for her, (royal blue satin with a black silk overlay) and after I cut it off the lining, it was the shape of a vest.
I added some pieces of green which were on the back
I enjoyed the day very much, great workout for the upper arms.
*********************************
My DH said, "that would make a heap of postcards and ATC's".
I tend to agree with him, it isn't really me and I don't think I would wear it.
I now know the process and would definitely make smaller pieces to embellish, felted bowls/containers and perhaps use this piece for a bag.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was going to be hard work!!!! Main thing did you enjoy it? Gues by the picture I must have chosen the blue??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching to see what you turn this into! :) Think it just needs re-styling lol

    ReplyDelete