Monday, March 22, 2010

New Zealand - part 1

Milford Sound
Arrived home last night from a wonderful 2 weeks driving around the South Island. Icebergs at Mt Cook

What struck me the most, was the amazing colours of the scenery. As we came around every corner there was the most beautiful scenery.

Punting on the Avon River, Christchurch


Sunset at Lake Tekapo
We drove 2,500 kms and enjoyed every moment of it.
Met some wonderful people from all over the world.
There were some great highlights to the holiday, but I think the most memorable was a surprise helicopter ride over Milford Sound. We landed on a glacier, the air was so crisp and the snow was crunchy underfoot. Mind you I was terrified, but now I can say I have been in a helicopter. I felt like I was on a ride in Disneyland.




3 comments:

  1. Wow oh wow!! What beautiful photos of the amazing scenery. You certainly made the most of your 2 weeks holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, love the one of the Sound and the sunset. Sue McB

    ReplyDelete