Friday, February 12, 2010

Got a bit carried away...

...with the stipple machine quilting on my Red Delicious. I am not a machine quilter and have trouble hand quilting with my rotten back, so thought I would stipple the background.
Quick and easy.
It's a bit close, never mind, I'm happy with it and the quilt is sitting flat.
I don't exhibit, so no-one needs to see it.
Picked up a roll of stipple border pattern in Houston. it's been sitting in my drawer since 2006. It has a thin adhesive strip down each side to stick to the quilt and after sewing, tears off.
I Googled the company, there are more patterns available, $14.95US a roll.
Pity it's too wide for my Red Del border
Might pick a couple of rolls when I head back there at the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of those rolls - bought them on the internet a couple of years ago. Not stippling but two different types of chain borders. Used one and it was very easy to do on my domestic machine...Joy

    ReplyDelete