Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Not a lot was bought.

The hand embroidered picture reminded me of the yellow Canola fields near where I live.
I visited the Hong Kong Art Gallery, there were 2 exhibitions on, 1 was Chinese porcelain and pottery and the other was Calligraphy and watercolour paintings. They were both amazing. The postcard didn't do the painting justice.
A Christmas decoration, I like to buy one from each place/country I visit and this red ball is another to add to the collection. Plus a few other bits and pieces.
Apart from the usual, Nike runners, clothes etc, perfume etc. I bought some silk brocade from this shop in the Western market on Hong Kong Island. It was a matter of where do I start to look for fabric. The whole 2nd floor was fabric, fabric and more fabric.
I also bought some beautiful cotton, wide enough to make 2 table clothes, a blue (8 seater) and a white (12 seater) one for my daughter's new table. Price of $9AUD a metre.
Now it's a matter of getting the white one hemmed for Christmas Day

Couldn't fit these incense sticks in my bag, so had to give them a miss.
I flew home via Bangkok, they wouldn't let me take more than 100mls of anything on the plane from HK, so they would have been up in arms with the incense.



No comments:

Post a Comment