Saturday, July 15, 2017

Pruning versus Technology

 This morning spent a lovely 3 hours at Rose Garden with my fellow weeper buddies Geoff and Bev. We managed to prune 4 weepers with frozen finger and toes.
 Arrived at 8.30am to a walk across the crunchy frosted lawns.
 Slowly getting there, another rose to cross off the pruned list.
We are doing a "hard" prune this year.
I started on this one....
 and an hour later, no much to show....
By 11.30am when I left, the sun was out and the fingers and toes had thawed.
I love working in the garden, all the workers laugh, smile and there is no judging of others.
Fresh air and listening to the birds, make it a pleasant work site. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad day at the garden.
Came home to this....
Bought an iPad last night, a quick dash to the Apple store before heading out to lunch, as I had a lot of trouble setting it up. The young man was so nice, set it up, installed Kindle and Fitbit for me.
Have just spent 30 mins trying to download free Kindle books....HELP!!!
I think I may need to speak to Maureen to help me.
I have turned it off and put it in the "too hard basket" for now.


3 comments:

  1. That is a very frosty lawn I doubt my fingers would have worked at all. Check the website of your local library for ebook loans. Eastern Region has an app and it works really well, lots of new releases plus classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses will look lovely next flowering season.
    I am sure you will be able to download those books, and others, as soon as someone waves a magic wand over the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a lot of pruning while in Boston, but then, I grew up in a garden full of roses as my dad was a rosarian and hybridizer. Beware of sneaky thorns!
    I am lucky to be getting coaching from my guru son is connecting the new i-phone to my laptop.

    ReplyDelete