Tuesday, May 30, 2017

It Was Worth More Steps.......

 A tick off my bucket list.
Mont St-Michel.
The long history is thought to have dated back to 708, when Aubert, Bishop of Avranches, had a sanctuary built on Mont-Tombe in honour of the Archangel. 

 Sadly, it is very commercial..

 We decided to walk straight  up to the Cathedral, I think I have walked more steps than previous days. Huffing and puffing by the time I reached the top.
 Rose of the day, an excuse to stop and rest to take a photo.


 High tide was 10.51am, taken from the top and looking at the tide receding.
It takes approx 50 minutes to walk to the Mont, we took the free shuttle bus across the bridge.

 Quilt patterns in the stained glass.


 Cloisters.

 Floor patterns.

 More steps.....

 He had an easy flight up to the top...
 Beautiful door knocker.
I made it down, my only regret was not to see it at sunset.
Despite the steps, rain and crowds, I still enjoyed my time at Mont St-Michel.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely inspiration in all those patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something quite romantic about a place that is cut off from the rest of the world on a daily basis. I can understand your long dream to go and lovely that you could enjoy it, steps and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look as sizzling hot as it has been previously. Taking those steps in the heat would have been hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got there Jenni. Hope the crowds weren't too bad.

    ReplyDelete