Sunday, April 9, 2017

Nil By Hand

 I haven't posted anything on my blog for a while as I am still unable to do anything worth while in the sewing category. Fingers and thumb still numb and can't feel to pick up a needle,
starting to get me down, but have to remind myself that there are others out there far worse off.
Mine is only a 6-12 month hiccup.
I desperately need to email a few of blog friends in Japan, owe them a long overdue hello and comment's acknowledgment.
It is on my to-do list for this week. 
I have a journal to cover, the glue stick may become my best friend. Will use paper.
Must start thinking of what to take on holidays, another list to start.
We may do a couple of day drives over Easter.
A couple of exhibitions in the city to visit.
Thursday, John and I flew to Brisbane for the day to give my cousin quilt tops from Jeann and I for Quilts of Valor.
Beautiful sunrise before boarding our 7am flight.
 A field of clouds awaiting for me to go out and play among them!!!
A basket of apples from our grafted dwarf Jonathon and Granny Smith tree.
Stewed and enjoyed with ice-cream. One pear left on the other dwarf tree. Must have missed it when we picked a basket last week.
Picked up Harvey this morning for a few days. Emma is having a pergola built tomorrow and he would drive the builder's nuts. He is quite confused as we only took him home this week and now he is back down here again. One advantage...I will get my steps up on my fitbit walking him with John.
 As you can see, not much happening here in the sewing room.

6 comments:

  1. Let the healing take its time! If you start straining the hand before it is ready it might NEVER get ready! Well, don't follow my advice, but listen to your physician.
    The cherries are in full bloom in Tokyo but the weather is wet, dull and a bit chilly still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ground will be lovely and soft for Emma's builder, but I hope the rain stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not be able to share your sewing adventures but your blog is still a good way to read about your life. There may be people worse off than you but everything is relative. You are used to sewing and blogging to your heart's content, so, not to be able to do so is upsetting for you. Hang in there. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to remember the last time I was on a plane. I think it was probably 2008. The concept of flying somewhere for a day is so alien to me!

    You got a nice crop of apples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of that hand. I can imagine how frustrating it would be. Luckily all the hand injuries I have managed to do were to my right hand. All have still lasting consequences but luckily, I am left handed so not a lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You walk Harvey with your Fitbit, I'll walk my Choco with my Fitbit. Hope you are sewing again soon.

    ReplyDelete