Saturday, January 7, 2017

An Afternoon to Sew Mystery Quilt - Part 7

Woke this morning to a beautiful sunrise, predicted high 30's.
Spent some time shopping, returning from Chadstone, the car temperature gauge at 1.30pm showed 39 degrees. Thank you for our car's air con.
I am privileged that my sewing room (2nd bedroom) has a small air con.
At this moment it is purring along.
Outside, the clouds are starting to cover, thunderstorms are predicted this evening.
Fingers crossed, all those areas that need rain, will receive some.
As I laid out each block, trimmed the edges to square it up = 3 1/2 inches.
Surprised at the amount of trimmings. It has made it so much easier to join the pieces.
First block of 6 that I have sewn.
First of the sashing blocks.
For a non purple lover, I actually like it.


8 comments:

  1. To me it looks like a cut jewel with all the prisms in various colours.
    I don't envy you your heat! Here in Tokyo we've got a cold but sunny day, but we, too, are expecting some rain. We, too, need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! These quilts are going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block. Your magenta star is going to be a stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are off to a great start. I think the added color helps to make all that purple a bit milder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good Jenni - I am sure it will be a beautiful quilt when it is finished. I am still plodding along with Allietare but have had a couple of 'interruptions' along the way.
    Cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete