Sunday, December 4, 2016

Mystery Quilt - Part 2

The colour magenta, is not an easy colour to identify.
There are several ways of interpreting the colour.
 This is the closest I could find at the quilt shops in my area.
All the fabrics I am using for the mystery are made up of my stash, due to the lack of any pieces, I bought 1.5m of this one fabric.
 A morning spent cutting. As I am making half the size suggested, I only had to cut out 50 sets.
(The colour of magenta looks different from above)
 I enjoy chain piecing.
 Did I not cut enough or cut too many....luckily I cut one triangle too many.
My 50 need point trimming and ready to put away until the next clue comes out.

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty magenta fabric. Your units are the colours of raspberry muffins. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love this colour, but it is strong and can be difficult to mix with other colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of textural interest in your magenta, looks really good sewn into the spikes.

    ReplyDelete