Thursday, November 3, 2016

Something of Seoul

Wandered the city finding lots of nooks and crannies, bits and pieces and a protest?!!

 Was Louis a quilter?
 The lamps remind me of my Grandmother's drop pearl earrings.

 The chrysanthemum is the symbol of Autumn. 

 Walked miles, the legs needed a rest.
 Came across little alleyways with eateries, galleries and houses. Very traditional.



 Kimchi (fermented cabbage) pots.


 Fascinating vegetable at a gallery.
 Not sure if it was a protest, one lady on the corner was ranting with a placard.
The Police were extremely young looking, so perhaps a training exercise.
 The Police were on every corner.

 A different manhole from last year.
Insa-dong Street is full of crafts, paper and calligraphy brushes.
 
Those close to me, know I have a love of the gingko leaf.
I had a seal made to stamp on the back of my quilts.


6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of your quilt stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things to see in Seoul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much interesting stuff! Your ginkgo stamp is a nice souvenir to remember the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a perfect and also useful memento

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only trip there was with the Boy Scouts ... 16 handicapped scouts and 20 helper scouts, and 4 leaders. Needless to say, it was not very touristy. You are taking great advantage of your stay.

    ReplyDelete