Sunday, November 27, 2016

Mystery Quilt - Part 1

Step 1 of the Mystery quilt has been released.
I am "home alone" today, good chance to get the first step started.
 Gave the machine a cleaning and extracted enough fluff from the bobbin area to stuff a thin futon.
Filled another 2 bobbins and a new blade in my cutter.
All ready to go...
After breakfast began cutting the strips to be pieced.
A break at lunchtime to watch a movie.....and then...at 3.00pm,
.....I realised I had sewn a group of 10 with NO thread left in the bobbin, enough for today. 
Managed to get 90 blocks done. A long way to go but I think I may only do half of what is required and make it a smaller quilt.
Can always do more and make it bigger later.....
now time for a cup of tea....

9 comments:

  1. They look lovely!

    When the bobbin runs out it definitely means it is time for a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was going to be an easy quick clue but was wrong taken the best part of 2 days to get them done. But was also finishing last year's mystery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet four patch units, great start to this mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There should be a warning when the thread in the bobbin runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are an enthusiastic quilter, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful neutrals & I think you'll need more bobbins filled!

    ReplyDelete