Sunday, May 22, 2016

Flight Experience - Japan

This morning I honoured my Christmas present voucher with a flight in the 737 Simulator at the Queen Vic Centre. I could choose from 24,000 airports to fly into as the Captain of the plane. 
I chose Narita, Japan. After a 5 minute instruction on the controls the pilot instructed me in the take off from Tullamarine airport. 
 After gaining altitude flew by Mt Fuji, banked to the left, circled and I landed the plane, then ran to the end of the run way and took off again. Circled and landed again, taking the plane to a stop and in to the terminal.
I loved every bit of the experience. The pilot told me I did extremely well. John and Emma were sitting in the rear seats and said, much to their surprise, the whole flight, landing etc was very smooth. I have now found muscles in my arms that I didn't know I had.
Perhaps it helped that I had started learning to fly in my 20's. Never finished it.
Best of all....I didn't crash!!!

****************************************
 On the way to lunch we went Geochaching, found a couple down lane ways and came across these walls.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect gift for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your skilled landings. Funny how pilots who fly for hours don't need cup holders - no drive through I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd rather stay in the passenger seat and take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, maybe it is getting time for a real flight to Japan. Don't get too close to Fuji though. I remember a crash of an airliner that did a fly-by to please the passengers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas present. Are you going to start flying lessons again?

    ReplyDelete