Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Nature in Fabric

At the beginning of the year, there was a call out for postcards with the theme of "Trees"
These postcards were a challenge through the magazine Embellish.
 Today I received my swap from Grace of Mooroolbark, Vic.
Thank you Grace, a beautiful card made with satin's and embroidery.
I especially love the fringing she used.

Through Fibre Arts, Winter School, we are asked to make and bring a piece of work 15x15cm.
These textile pieces will be displayed and fellow attendees purchase them with the money going to charity.  A 10x10cm piece is also asked for.
I used a piece of newspaper, added some indigo fabric, both of which I bought in Tokyo.
Stamped gingko leaves on teabag paper and raided my childhood stamp album.

3 comments:

  1. Two little treasures. Good to see you are back at the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity is amazing! Loved the 15 x 15

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very creative. Nice bit from your trip too.
    Thanks for dropping by and leaving kind words. Am I a no-reply on your blog too? Mr. Google doesn't seem to like Mr. yahoo. juliefukuda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete