Saturday, March 5, 2016

Obsessive Autumn Colours

 I needed another sketch book for Fibre Arts classes.
On my last few pages of the previous one, with this year's classes, will fill it.
The silk screen pieces, would make a good cover.
Or so I thought.....I seem to have a "thing" about Autumn tones and colours. 
I do dress in these colours as they suit me. 
 Sewed them in the configuration that I was taught in a Lisa Walton workshop.
Used a green as the edge binding....
......then I realised they were in the same tones as my previously covered sketch book.
Even to the extent that I used some of the same fabrics.
The book was tucked away in the "next class requirements" box, in the wardrobe out of sight.
Can the word "consistent" be used?

5 comments:

  1. They both look good, anyway! Nothing wrong with being consistently good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make a beautiful autumn table runner. I like those colors too ... of course I have an autumn birthday so maybe I am partial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems more like a series to me, and a well executed one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the screen printed 'bits' came up well.

    ReplyDelete