Saturday, February 6, 2016

Chinese New Year and Travel Expo

Headed into Jeff's Shed this morning for the Travel Expo.
Went by the Atrium at Crown to see the Chinese New Year display.
 Beautiful Lanterns hanging from the ceiling.
 Red is a happy colour!!
 Noticed this handmade fish adorning the window of a Seafood Restaurant.
 2016 - The Year of the Monkey.
 The display were of previous year's symbols.
I am the Year of the Snake, my worst fear and I am terrified of even tiny lizards, couldn't bring myself to take a photo of the cobra.



 At Winter School this year, my class title is "From One Place to Another"
"your work will be based upon a journey or walk"
One is allowed to change one's mind, aren't they!!!!
After viewing the Japanese exhibitors at the Travel Expo, I have decided to do a journey through the 4 Seasons of Japan. I have visited in Winter and Autumn, and on my recent trip, the Cherry Blossom had already started to bloom, even though extremely early for Spring. 
 I collected brochures today and in one were the descriptions of each of the seasons.
I spent this afternoon cutting out pictures for my Winter School notebook.

4 comments:

  1. Jenni, you are well and truly prepared for Winter School. Being familiar with your earlier works I am really looking forward to seeing this years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a snake, too. Makes me 12 years older than you! You certainly seem to be able to walk well these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see what the fire monkey year brings. Supposedly it will be a good year for us rats. Enjoy your seasons. I noticed the jonquils in bloom along the park and a few snow drops in bud. Even a few buds on our plum have opened. Spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interestingly my son works at Fire Monkey studios, must be a good year for them. Your cutting and pasting of brochures takes me back to school project days. You are bound for an A+ at Winter School.

    ReplyDelete