Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Few Souvenirs

I am enrolled in a 5 day class at Fibre Arts Winter School, it is based on "a journey" and we have to collect bits and pieces for inspiration. I emailed the UK teacher and she suggested 
I collect things from this break away.
 I am also hoping to do a piece on "a walk along the Werribee River". Have found a 4 inch rusted nail, some barb wire etc on a short stroll along the river and street.
 Inspiration pieces:
covers from chop stix's, a small piece of kimono silk, postcards, tickets, Japan Mail stamps, origami cranes, 2 small hand towels, bookmarks, cord, etc.
 John bought these beautiful bowls sets, 2 large and 4 small.
I was surprised, as he does not buy anything when we go away.
I bought some fabric at the Quilt Festival, saw these covered taupe hexi's, 100 for Yen 1,000 
(approx $12.05 AUD each packet)
Should have bought more. But don't think about it until it is too late.

5 comments:

  1. Great ephemera, should meet the brief for journey inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo at the top. The bowls are gorgeous. Wee done John. I suppose that Jenni gave you the pocket money for them! Those hexis will keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bowls John bought. You will have fun at Fibre Arts with all your bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete