Friday, November 27, 2015

Quilts in the Barn

 This morning, Joy and I took a drive out to Wonga Park for the display of "Scrappy Quilts".
Special guest, from America was Jo Morton.
Also featuring Antique Quilts from the Mary Koval Collection.
 Friday 27 - Sunday 29 November.
10am - 4pm
23 Hartley Road, Wonga Park Vic.
Proceeds to Breast Cancer Research, Admission $5




 Patchwork supplies and fabric from Leonie Bateman, of the Quilted Crow, Hobart were on sale.


 I always love the dressing of the quilts with the furniture.



 Blue and Mustard is a favourite combination of mine.


 Beautiful exhibition of quilts.
We met with Jeanette for morning tea, the Lumberjack cake was the best I had tasted.
The tables each year are covered with quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting to see the quilts that took your eye, completely different from the ones I photographed. A beautiful display, the new lights made a huge difference in the side room. Have to confess some fabric made its way home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the photos, as I won't get there myself this year.

    While you were there, I was looking at your quilt in the Geelong show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way the cotton reel blocks are joined together make a great design. Mmmm..I think a way to use up the stash may be the answer.

    ReplyDelete