Sunday, November 22, 2015

My Plants are Alive

I was pleased to come home to my hanging pots of Impatiens outside the kitchen and see that they had thrived while away despite cutting them back severely.

 Maiden Hair ferns have to be watered daily so I didn't hold out much hope. 
Have planted Impatiens to match the hanging pots.
 We have peaches on the tree and spent the day last week deadheading my roses.
The barrels are empty and the other 3 tanks need topping up.
 "Please Rain", the whole state needs rain.
 Was very surprised the plants under the pergola survived, 
Emma came down each weekend to give them a drink. Thank you.
We have tiny mandarins on the dwarf tree, first time.
 We spent the day today, tidying the vegie garden and planting ready for summer.
The nets are over the seedlings, to deter the birds from scratching the straw.
Harvested approx 150 red, white and brown onions.
 Tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, radishes, snow peas, capsicum, 
eggplant, peas, lettuce, rocket, basil, coriander, cucumber and spring onions are in.
The shade sails will go up after Christmas, think it is going to be a hot summer.
My rhubarb needs dividing, but every time I think about doing it, it is the wrong time of year.

4 comments:

  1. You have been energetic, so I hope you have outstanding returns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything survived while you were away. Those hanging pots look wonderful - maybe giving them a severe haircut was the best thing for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden is looking as neat as a pin and your plantings sound delicious. Tomatoes may benefit from going in a little later than the traditional Cup Day seeing as we had a cold snap later in the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I am thinking about planting you actually do it!

    ReplyDelete