Thursday, August 6, 2015

Aus-NZ Art Quilts Group 10 inch Challenge

Our internet group is turning 10 years old and we celebrated with a 10 inch challenge.
It is theme-less, so my idea was to do something re travel.

Over the last 10 years my husband and I have done some extensive travel. My Father taught me as a child, that "travel was the best from of education". Is there such a thing as falling in love with a place, well for me, it was Japan last year. I did a 17 day tour with Lisa Walton to the Yokohama Quilt Festival.

 The Japanese writing is from a very old tissue book that I found at the Antique Market next to the quilt show. We traveled in Autumn, the ginkgo leaves had turned to lime green/yellow and the taupe/blue fabrics were what I picked up at a few shops. We did an indigo dying workshop so the dark blue is for the wonderful workshop. An attempt of sashiko. The tissue ginkgo leaves were made from dried "Moroccan Mint" teabags.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, Jenni. You are inspiring. The ginkgo leaves look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective, Jenni. You have used all your 'bits and pieces' very well.

    ReplyDelete