Monday, February 16, 2015

Japan Stitch and Collage

I attended the Fibre Arts Winter School at Ballart doing a class with 
Lucy Worsley in Stitch and Collage.
I made 2 pieces in class using memorabilia of our holidays in Europe.
I enjoyed her class so much that I decided to collect pieces during my Japan tour last year.
 An old tissue paper book that I bought at an Antique Fair in Yokohama.
These were white washed with acrylic paint. 
 Bits and pieces.
 I had an oblong frame with a mounting and decided to use it with another frame I had.
I am pleased with the way it turned out. My impression of Japan was that all things were regimented and straight. So laid out my collection in a straight form.
 Stamps and a bookmark that I cut down to size.
Red symbol cut from wrapping paper.
 The blue symbols were from a paper bag one of my purchases came in.
The Japanese maple leaf was a handmade postcard we made at the Washi workshop.
 I was given the origami crane by Cindy our tour guide. 
I cut out 2 small pieces from sheets of Japanese paper.
Photo of O-Torii Gate at Miyajima off the coast of Hiroshima,
my favourite city)
Fabric with a cut out symbol from some wrapping paper.
Ticket from Edo-Tokyo Museum and Takayama Government House.

3 comments:

  1. What a great memento of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful piece, and a great personal souvenir of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to make a personal souvenir

    ReplyDelete