Each class are required to make something to decorate the Top Table, at a certain meal time slot, eat their meal at that time at the table and at the end of the Forum, all pieces are auctioned off to raise money for a charity.
A Parade of Feathered Feet appeared in the garden this morning.
Saturday is a half day of classes with the afternoon free at our leisure.
Jeann, Nola and I invited their tutor Kay (USA) to a trip to Daylesford to show her a bit of our local area and countryside..
One of the beautiful stained glass windows in the Chapel.
Overlooking the town's trees that are starting to change colour, from the top balcony.
Hallway of the Dart Dorm, old and squeaky staircase.
This evening was cocktail night and dinner followed by the raffles.
We didn't win anything.
The weather has been ok but with persistent rainy drizzle.
Stitched a photocopy of the top of a door and came out on the reverse as in the above photo.
These newspaper folded daisies greeted us this morning.
My day was also spent placing my stitched door and a photo of a door frame on to the piece of background sheet that I made yesterday. Tonight after dinner I started stitching the pieces on.
The start of the week at Ballarat where I am doing a class with Lucy Worsley on Stitch it with Collage.
We were greeted this morning with these amazing mobiles made from books hanging outside the dinning room.
Sharing a room with Jeann and Nola in the Dart Dormitory of the Grammar School.
This dorm is the boys wing and unfortunately there is a slight hint of testosterone in the air!!!
Noticed this sign in the boys kitchen.
Our first day of class, we chose photocopies of photos and free motioned them on the machine in a hoop using calico.
Black thread is used and when finished the reverse side is used. I chose a door as one of my samples and filled it in with mixed yellow thread to represent stained glass.
Another photo I used, was of the cottage next door to Monet's Garden in France. The photocopy was in black and white and I used red, brown and yellow thread for the vines growing on the side of the cottage. I wasn't happy with the reverse side but the stitching on the actual photo side came out really well, so I was pleased.
Our next task was to make up sheets for the background of the collages. I used tissue paper, pages from an old Electronic manual, dress making instructions/
pattern and torn sheets of paper with corrugated tissue.
This evening after dinner was a slide night featuring 4 of the tutors and their works.