Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Couple of Surprises

I came home from the tour to my 2 hanging baskets of Impatiens.
My faith has been restored in John, as they were just a few seedlings when I left.
His theory is, "if you can't eat it, don't plant it".

 I received a lovely surprise box from my cousin Vicki in Queensland this week, 
who is also a quilter.
(We must have got the "craft" gene from our Grandmother)
Inside were these amazing scraps of Japanese indigo fabrics.
She said she received them years ago from a lady who regularly lived in Japan.
Vicki started a quilt but never got anywhere with it, 
so thought I could add them to the fabrics I bought while away.
I am very lucky.

3 comments:

  1. What lovely surprises for you Jenni. I'll look forward to seeing what you make with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hanging baskets, and lovely fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you getting the indigo fabrics

    ReplyDelete