Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Gelatine Plate Printing

On one of the internet groups that I belong to,
we have a challenge to make a gelatine plate for printing
and 4 postcards to swap.

 Had fun playing today.

 Unfortunately, and I don't know if it was due to the warm weather outside,
my plate decided to break up after painting for 30 minutes. 
 Put the gel back in the microwave, melted it and then re-set it in the tin.
I hope it works.
I have the week on my own as John is in Korea, so ran up another boys charity quilt for Regent Street. Needs borders, so hope there is fabric in the cupboard at Regent Street, I don't have any as I am using up all my stash.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting printing method! I haven't seen that before. I shall have to do some reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got sick of my gelatine plate taking up room in the fridge so I bought a commercial one. It is great fun, isn't it? I like the maidenhair mask - looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try gelatine printing. Looks great. Also love the quilt. There is plenty of suitable material in Regent St's cupboard.

    ReplyDelete