Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Day of Paper Textiles and Quilt Exhibitions

Up early this morning to catch the 7.20am train from Southern Cross to Bairnsdale.
I had read about an exhibition called "Bound/Unbound"
by members of the Paper Arts Gippsland East
(PAGE)
held at the East Gippsland Art Gallery.
I had a Seniors Voucher, so thought what a good way to use it.
 The train trip was approx. 4 hours long each way,
which gave me time to read my new Book Club novel
and do some hand piecing of my 1 inch diamonds.
It also gave me the chance to try out the "fast speed" mode on my new camera as I will be going on the Bullet train in Japan.
The V/Line train travelled at snail pace compared to what the Bullet will go at!!!
 The Gallery was a quick 10 minute walk from the station.


 Snuck this pic from outside the Gallery through the window.
The exhibition was amazing and the paper textile pieces were stunning.
68 pieces were on show, from altered books, handmade paper and sculptures.
Well worth the long train trip for the day.
Managed to get the early post lunch train back to Melbourne and be home for dinner at 7pm.
 The Bairnsdale Court House next to the Gallery. 
 Due to arriving back earlier than expected, I quickly popped across the road in Collins Street,
to have a glance at "Stitching Stories Quilt Exhibition".
Exhibitors are: Linda Bear, Dijanne Cevaal, Lesley Goddard, Felicity Griffin Clark,
Susan Matthews, Sarah Louise Ricketts, Robina Summers, Anne Sushames, Olga Walters,
Toni Warrell and Fiona Wright.
 It is being held at Media House Gallery in the Age Building,
655 Collins Street, Melbourne.
4 August - 26 September 2014
 I will call in again to have a good look and not be in so much of a rush.
From the glances that I had, beautiful pieces of art on show.
The exhibitors are giving talks.
Now looking for another regional exhibition to visit as I have another voucher to use in September.

2 comments:

  1. Underwear exhibition in Bendigo for your next voucher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Collins St Exhibition looks very interesting. I should have popped in this morning on my way to see The King and I.
    Might have to make another trip in.
    I really enjoy reading your comments and seeing your photos. I am looking forward to your trip to Japan. I hope to share it with you via your posts.

    ReplyDelete