Friday, September 2, 2011

Quilts In the Barn

This morning Sue and I went to the annual exhibition of Quilts In the Barn at Wonga Park, Vic. Jo Morton from the USA was this years exhibitor. A Civil War lovers Paradise. Proceeds from this weekend will go to Breast Cancer. If you have the chance to go, it is a great exhibition. The scenery was beautiful and the weather was glorious.
I wasn't going to buy anything, but 4 Civil War 25cm pieces just happened to fall into my hands. "How did they know that they weren't in my stash..."

Set up outside in the shade were tables covered in quilts, and served were the most delicious cakes, scones and sandwiches with tea and coffee.

We were lucky to get there right on 10am and had the barn to ourselves with only a handful of fellow quilters. By the time we came out the lines were fast forming.
It was a lovely morning, especially catching up with friends who we didn't know were coming. A lady asked to join us at one of the tables, we got chatting and it turned out to be a fellow ATC member from the NZ internet group I belong to. We had never met before but had swapped ATC's. It was such a wonderful surprise. You just don't know who you are going to bump into.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos! I'm not going to make it there this year, so it's nice to get a glimpse anyway.

    It was a lovely day for it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went today - loved it - and yes I had the same trouble with fabric jumpng into my bag

    ReplyDelete