Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Our daughter Emma, flew out last night for a 6 week camping trip to Egypt and Africa. She will have a wonderful trip. It is interesting the preparation for such a trip to Africa. Clothes are not to be bright, but so as not to scare the animals whites, bones, browns, creams etc are recommended.
It was good that she found a lot of summer clothes at the end of the season sales for approx $5-$10. As she said, she can always leave them there and not bring them home. No doubt her shoes will have to be thrown as she is doing a Mountain Gorilla Trek in Uganda. I miss her already. But what an amazing adventure she will have.
I have started stitching the outline of the scallops on my Dear Hannah quilt. Finally plucked up the courage to start them. Did some more this morning at 5am after DH went to work. But find that I can only do about 15 minutes before a break is needed.

1 comment:

  1. Bon voyage, Emma!

    Your quilt looks great - I don't know what the secret to working longer is - my neck and shoulders start killing me after a short time at the machine lately. I'm sure it is something about my posture but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete