Friday, June 24, 2011

Quilts4London

I spent an hour this afternoon making my pennant for the Quilts4London Project.
www.quilts4london.org.uk

The project involves the making of 14,000 bunting pennants for the 2012 London Olympics. Each athlete will be given a pennant as a souvenir of the Games.

I chose a small piece of Koori fabric as the background.
*********************************
Whilst making it I thought of my dear Dad who passed away last year. He told me when I was a child why the Kangaroo and the Emu were the symbols on our Australian Coat of Arms. Both of these animals have spurs on the back of their feet and cannot hop or walk backwards. He said "therefore Australia will always move forward". It is something I have always remembered.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Congratulations on getting it done so quickly.

    ReplyDelete