Monday, May 16, 2011

My Week....

It's been a busy week.

Finished piecing my Turkey Track quilt in blue/browns. Delivered it to Judy for quilting and hope it have it back next week.

Looked for the "Yellow Brick Path" at Rose Garden this week. Finally bought myself a pair of gum boots. First time in ages that I haven't come home with wet socks. We have finished dead heading the roses, pruning starts next month. Looking forward to it. Love Winter, especially all rugged up outdoors.

Was spoilt on Mothers' Day. Emma took us out to lunch at Docklands followed by a visit to the NGV for a photography exhibition on Water. In the rooms next to it was a wonderful Chinese/Japanese exhibition. Beautiful porcelain and furniture etc.

She gave me this book on photography, wonderful. I think she may have been tired of me, ringing and asking her "what's the setting for........". I told Emma all I wanted was a hug for Mothers' Day. But I was thrilled with the book and our standard gift to each other of shower gel.

We are going to have a day taking photos and using all the settings instead of me using the Auto button.
Going well with my French for Travellers language class. Have done 2 of the 6 classes. Not as hard as I thought it would be, having learnt German at high school.


Posted off more beanies to Jan Mac. Knitted 3 over the weekend, need sewing up. Spent Saturday morning with my friend Sophia, we knitted for Jan. Also made a start on some more Notebook Covers to sell at our Geelong Guild Exhibition.








No comments:

Post a Comment