Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blue/Brown Quilt

I have finished a double bed quilt for my daughter whose unit is in blues and browns. The pattern was from Quilters Companion magazine by Karen Cunningham called "Turkey Tracks".

Karen "drew inspiration from a quilt in Glorious American Quilts: The Collection of the Museum of American Folk Art by Elizabeth V. Warren and Sharon L. Eisenstat. The quilt is recorded as being Turkey Tracks Quilt, quilt maker unidentified, possibly Ohio 1840 - 1860".

The blue fabrics were from a fat quarter swap from my friends at Bacchus Marsh. The quilting was done by Judy at "Wheatsheaf Quilting", Geelong.
I have mentioned to my daughter that being young, she may prefer the rear of the quilt for her bed than the traditional side!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment