Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coil Wrapped Bag

Many thanks to Carol from the blog, Li Bode, who showed me how to make a Coiled Wrap Bag.
I made a bowl in a 2006 class in Houston, and when Carol showed us her bags on her blog,
I asked her if I could make one as well.
6mm cotton rope with 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric wrapped around it.
I joined the strips of fabric with a scrape on a glue stick.
I started with a basic oval shape and then angled the rope up to make the shape of the bag. The coils were sewn together with a zig zag stitch using black cotton.
To achieve the stripes, the bobbin thread was changed to purple or aqua to match the fabric.
I am thrilled with the final bag.
I hope my mortal at the Kiama Retreat likes her bag I made for her.
DH's comment was, "where's the baby"?
When I was a baby, they were called Moses Baskets.



2 comments:

  1. Go Jenni!! It's fabulous. Love the way you worked the colours into stripes, too.

    ReplyDelete