Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 - a word

A posting on my friend Joy's blog Sewing by the Sea suggested that instead of making a resolution for 2011, choose a word instead.
My word for 2011 is "Move".
I need to "move" forward physically, emotionally, mentally and creatively.
*Physically - Instead of sitting for several hours hand quilting every day making me unable to walk due to my hip, I need to move more regularly and exercise.
*Emotionally - A past friendship that others have said to me has been a form of bullying towards me emotionally, I need to move it into the past and stop worrying about it.
*Mentally - my dear Mum passed away from dementia, I want to mentally move forward in my way of thinking and exercise my brain. I saw Mum suffer and I wouldn't want my family to go through what I did.
*Creatively - I am stuck in a rut with my quilting and textiles. I would like to move towards different techniques and experiment. If they don't work out the first time, so be it, move to another way of doing it.
To my friends, I wish you a happy and healthy 2011.
Thank you for reading my blog and for all your comments.
Love Jenni

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting idea will have to think of a word appropriate for me. I am not too good at New Years resolutions they don't last longer than a few days.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring! But I can't keep resolutions. Soon as something becomes a 'must do' it loses it's appeal and I steer clear of it. So I just muddle along in a fuzzle instead. All the best for a wonderful New Year, Jenni.

    ReplyDelete