Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's been about 10 years......

...since we have had enough rain to open the flood gates of the Exford Weir.
The overflow flows into the Werribee River.
The Cottrell Street Ford, which joins one side of our town to the other side, has been closed this weekend and it is a sightseeing experience for the residents of our town.
This afternoon the road was overflowing with people and their cameras.
Our overflowing river ends up in the bay.
The main road and bridge that crosses over the river is thankfully high enough to still allow the trains and cars to cross.
Prior to this, there is usually a very steep bank on either side of the Werribee River.
We have a large population of ducks, but unfortunately they are no-where to be seen.


3 comments:

  1. Hello from Michigan. I heard that you all was getting plenty of rain this year. I love seeing the Australian landscapes. Thanks for sharing. I also love the Jacaranda Tree. My very favorite when I lived in Australia. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to mentioned I loved seeing all the blooms from your gardens. Beautiful. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete