Thursday, November 4, 2010

Houston 2

Tuesday was spent in a day long class with Lynda MH Faires doing Fabric and Stitch Collage. Enjoyed the class. Cecile Whattman from Canberra was also in the class. I sat next to a lady from Vancouver Island, Canada and we spent our lunch break together. Amazing how we were so alike personally as well as quilting wise. Hoping to catch up with Cynthia before she heads home on Friday.

Tuesday night was the IQA Winners Circle where all the Quilt Category winners are announced. Sue, Jan, Helen, Julie and I sat up the back with our Aussie flags waving and yelling as each Australian won a category. Anyone would think we were trying out for the Collingwood Cheer Squad.

We were acknowledged at the end of the ceremony, as the audience was told that the Australian Winners were well supported. I was standing chatting to Linda Steel, who I had met a couple of weeks ago at the ATASDA meeting, and as I had my flag in my hand, the official photographer took our photo. Us Aussies are well loved at Houston.
To be continued.....

We all went to dinner after and celebrated with drinks and Deep Pan Apple Pie, Triple Icecream, Key West Pie and Banana Bread and Butter Pudding.

Today was spent on the shop hop. It rained all day, but we still had a good time.
Festival opened to night and I have walked the entire floor consisting of 2060 booths and 20 ilses. Don't ask me to coujnt the steps!!!

1 comment:

  1. You can't be part of the Collingwood cheer squad. You still have all your teeth :D

    ReplyDelete