Saturday, October 23, 2010

Open Garden Day

Wednesday, I went on a Day Bus Tour to Red Hill and the Mornington Peninsular.
As a volunteer with the State Rose Garden, we have an annual bus trip.
This year we visited 4 Open Gardens. Each was was different to the next.
The things I loved about them were, there were different pergolas and arches covered in plants.

This pergola, covered in an ornamental grape, was originally an old bridge in Echuca.

This peephole over looked the bay at Mornington.

This garden was on 25 hectares with a vineyard and was very pristine, I felt as if I had to wipe my feet at the gate. The owners were the most delightful couple and made us feel so welcome.


This garden was an abundance of spring flowers of every colour. Beautiful. Every time you turned a corner there was another little path leading you to another hidden spot.
I felt like I was in the Secret Garden.

This garden was at Red Hill.
We were blessed with the hatching of 9 goslings that morning on the lake.





2 comments:

  1. What a treat! Thank you for taking us along with you.

    Love your clock showing Houston time. You wouldn't be counting the minutes by any chance would you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outing! That's a trip I would have loved to stow away on.

    ReplyDelete