Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weekend with Lisa Walton

I had a busy weekend just gone. Saturday was spent at our Geelong Guild meeting.
Lisa Walton from "Dyed and Gone to Heaven" was our guest speaker. Thoroughly enjoyed her talk and visit, a lovely lady.
Sunday was spent all day at her "Aurora" workshop. I am not a pink/purple person, so chose that colour combination as a challenge. The day was filled with lots of tips that will certainly make life a lot easier when quilting.
After sewing the borders onto the piece we set about quilting it (I have a long way to go).
Lisa then sat us down to a session of beading and we made samples of different bead work.
I have never been all that keen on beading, but with the great instructions, I have found a new love.
We were also shown bobbin work. I had been a little nervous of doing this, didn't want to wreck the new sewing machine, but with the simple instructions, it is not that intimidating after all.
It was interesting to hear and see what can be used in bobbins, I had never thought to use some of the suggestions Lisa gave us. My eyes have been opened wide.
I was lucky that Lisa used my sewing machine for each demo as she has the same model. So I know that it will work.
My postcards, journals and ATC's will now take on a new look.
Next came the reels of glittering threads. All that sparkle made me want to just stroke them.
Lots of oohs and aahs.
At the Craft shows I will certainly now focus on threads.
No doubt my case will come home from Houston with reels rolling all around.
Many thanks Lisa for a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment