Friday, July 30, 2010

Spring Buds

Spring is on it's way.
My first daffodil, iris and freesia are in bud.

Daffodils are my favourite bulb. I wanted to have Daffy's in my Wedding Bouquet but was told by the florist that it was unlucky.
I have different coloured iris, mauve, apricot, yellow, burgundy and brown.
This purple one was taken from my parent's garden when we sold their home last year, after they went into a nursing home. It is very special to me.

I love the smell of the old fashioned freesias. They have multiplied in my garden and when they flower, I have vases of them in my home. Who needs air freshener when you have freesias.
*********************************
Mum loved gardening and flowers. I organised a surprise afternoon tea for her 80th and when I was asked about a gift, I said Mum would love a small bunch of flowers picked out of her friends garden. She could have opened florist shop with all the flowers she received, Mum was so thrilled.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I don't have any daffodils or freesias up yet, but my jonquils are going well. I planted some irises last year but no sign of buds on them yet.

    ReplyDelete