Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Media Challenge

I have finished my piece for the Media Challenge.
The page out of the magazine was a bowl of eggs on a kitchen bench with the title "Eggs All Day".
We are asked to write a small piece on the interpretation of our page.
*************************
"NEW BEGINNINGS"
"What came first, the chicken or the egg?"
"We begin the day with an egg for breakfast".
It was during Easter that I chose the envelope containing the magazine page.
The Easter Egg symbolises "New Life", "Re-Birth" and "Springtime".
My immediate thoughts were of the eggs cracking and new growth emerging with leaves the colour of spring. Springtime is when we have masses of flowers with the glorious colours of pinks, reds and yellows.
Easter is celebrated in the religious season of Lent, which is represented with the colour of Purple, to signify "penance and royal dignity".The decorations on the religious vestments are appropriately simple and I wanted my piece to reflect that simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment