Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Mountain House

I was having a tidy up of my sewing room yesterday and found the sampler that I stitched when I was about 6 years old.
My maternal Grandparents had a "Mountain House" in Lawson, NSW where I spent many a holiday.
"Foggy", my Grandmother taught me to cross stitch and bought this sampler for me.

I am off to the Scquilters Bathurst Retreat in May and we will be driving from Sydney through the Blue Mountains.
Lawson is on the way, I can't wait to stop by the old Mountain House to see if it is still there in Mary Street.
The sampler is a bit worse for wear, a little stained.
I treasure the memories of those holidays except for my fear of snakes, which Iam sure started at this house.

2 comments:

  1. My compliment for your blog and pictures included,I encourage you to photoblog

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    Even week another photo album

    Greetings from Italy,

    Marlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great Jenni when you find such treasures.

    ReplyDelete